TRY is a science-based yoga class that has been proven effective as both a response to trauma and a preventative measure to arm you with go-to resources and techniques help expedite recovery. In addition, it provides methods to help you stay calm in situations and support others who are dealing with a traumatic injury. (See class schedule below)
What to expect and what not to expect from first-responder centered yoga:
- FREE 45 minute, authentic yoga, all levels of experience welcome, first responders and there family members (over 18)
- You may get heated and stretched, choice is yours, "your mat, your rules"
- Teacher practices with you, you set your own pace move as much or as little as our body prefers
- No gear required, mats are provided
- First Responder focused method
- Not a spiritual or religious based practice
- Come as you are. No clothing requirements, in uniform, jeans, sweats, etc.
- No tricky postures, you will not be asked to stand on your head or pin your foot behind you ear
- No chanting, no candles, no incense, no dark rooms or Sanskrit
- Tension release, fuller breath, pain relief and a basic feeling of well being after class
Week of 11/18/17 through 11/22/17. Space is limited, please RSVP to Candace Caterer at Candace.Caterer@ClarkCountyNV.gov. You will get a confirmation email once you are confirmed to attend.